The date of the next PPG meeting: Wednesday 13th October 2021 at 16:00
Fylde & Wyre Patient Participation Conference 2018
At this years conference our PPG & Practice were awarded the Fylde & Wyre Highly Commended Most Engaged GP Practice Award along with the Highly Commended PPG of The Year 2018, and as a practice we would like to say thank you to the patients that make up our PPG for taking their own time to attend meetings & events and for the work that goes into making a successful PPG.
Fylde & Wyre Most Engaged GP Practice 2017
We are very proud that as a Practice with our PPG (Patient Participation Group) we have won the Fylde & Wyre top award for “Most Engaged GP Practice” 2017 and Ian Gibson your PPG Chairperson also walked away with an Outstanding Achievement Award for all his good work over the last few years.
AGM Awards 2015 – Patient Participation Group of the year 2015.
Criteria: We’re looking for a PPG that can demonstrate an excellent working relationship with their practice, which has made a real difference to the patients. In recognition of a group’s exemplary performance and team commitment and to celebrate excellence in participation between primary care and communities, including patients, service users, carers and the public and for the many devoted hours of encouragement and help the group has given unselfishly to our organisation.
The winning group has been outstanding in striving to be inclusive and harnessing the assets of its members to reach growing numbers of people. Its chair typifies its commitment to the community, helping to develop a volunteer transport scheme for isolated patients. Our winner is Over Wyre Medical Centre PPG.
Our PPG is now on Facebook! All registered patients may apply to join the Facebook group. Just log in to your Facebook account and search for Over Wyre Patient Forum or Click Here. If you would like to help to develop patient services, please join us. You certainly don’t have to attend meetings to give feedback – use the Facebook option. It’s a closed group, so only other members will see your posts. Your views and ideas will be welcome. Let us know about your experiences of the Medical Centre, either in Preesall or in Hambleton. All constructive comments are useful. If you have suggestions for improvement, even better. We hope to see you there.
PPG Role Specification
CHAIRPERSON – ALISON HARRISON
- To motivate and encourage the group to maintain its direction.
- To ensure the Group adheres to the Terms of Reference.
- To ensure appropriate progress is made by the Group on approved actions.
- To seek advice, support and guidance where necessary.
- To promote a friendly and productive atmosphere.
- To encourage debate and be open to all ideas without prejudice or bias; to be conscientious on managing the meeting time and allowing for attention to all points in the agenda as well as other business.
VICE-CHAIRPERSON – JEANIE KING
- To support and liaise with the Chairperson.
- To ‘Chair’ any meeting at which the Chairperson is unable to be present and in doing so assume all the roles of the Chairperson.
- Keep an attendance register at meetings.
- To take adequate notes at all meetings and publish ‘minutes’ of meetings to all members.
- To book dates of meetings and arrange an appropriate location.
- To provide efficient and reliable secretarial support to the Group as required.
- To carry out any liaison between meetings as necessary.
Purple – Survey Documents / Orange – PPG Minutes / Green – Action Grids /Blue – Annual Reports
We are very proud that our Patient Participation Group (PPG) has received recognition at the Fylde & Wyre Clinical Commissioning Group Awards Ceremony for all their achievements and the time they devote to the patient community.
We are delighted to announce that former Chairperson Ian Gibson received an Outstanding Achievement Award for all his incredible work over the years, Secretary Helen Roberts received the Volunteer of the Year Award 2019 and the PPG were also Highly Commended in the PPG of the Year Award.
This recognition is so richly deserved and we would also like to take this opportunity to thank our new Chairperson Alison Harrison and Vice Chair Jeanie King for taking over the reins and we look forward to working together on many exciting projects for years to come.